The Low Technology Institute, a 501(c)(3) research and education nonprofit, is seeking an intern looking for experience producing and editing podcast and video content. Our organization is focused on developing ways to make ourselves, our households, and our communities less dependent on fossil fuels through developing and teaching post-fossil-fuel skills and strategies.
This internship would be a chance for the successful applicant to showcase his/her skills learned in class and practice for later employers. Furthermore, our current videos and podcasts are done by staff and as the current production value is easy to improve upon, the person in this position will operate in a low-stress environment.
How this would work
The staff of the institute would generate content for videos and podcasts, which can be shared with the intern over the internet, allowing her/him to work from a convenient location. Or, if the intern would like to work with recording equipment (the institute’s equipment is basic and any access you have to more professional-level equipment is welcome), s/he is welcome to visit the institute on-site, about 30 minutes south of campus; a mileage stipend will be provided for these trips. Suggestions for content are welcome and this can be as much of a partnership as the successful applicant would like it to be.
- Previous video and/or audio editing and producing experience preferred.
- We use Audacity and OpenShot Video Editor and knowledge of these programs (or equivalents) is preferred. We can easily show you the publication procedures for our content.
- A basic understanding of our mission (have a look at our website).
- An ability to give and take constructive feedback.
- Reliable transportation to the institute, if desired.
Benefits for the Successful Applicant
- Solid deliverables to demonstrate your abilities to later employers.
- A laid-back work environment that respects the academic schedule with flexibility in your hours (as long as your 8 hours/week are met if you are using this for course credit).
- Gas stipend for trips to the institute (if desired).
- Reliable reference on your resume or CV.
- Occasional meals and food (bread, honey, produce) from our homestead garden.
How to Apply
Send a letter of interest along with a resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include links to previous audio and/or video content you’ve created (if available), relevant work experience, and what interests you about working with us. You may also email with any questions prior to sending in your documents.