We had a dying pine tree (turns out it was a spruce) on our property. Before building infrastructure near this tree, it needed to be taken down. It isn’t a decision we take lightly, but in this case it was necessary. A few days ago, I estimated the tree’s height at 79 ft, but it was in fact only 70 ft tall.
I’ve got a video that I’ll post about how we took the tree down and split it up into lengths (and hopefully into timbers I can use to build a chicken coop), but for now, here are a few pictures.
And a big thanks to Todd for coming over to help down this tree. Todd is a traditional woodworker in Madison and has the right tools for doing this the right way.